Last night we celebrated Dylan's Birthday here at the Tree House. Personally, I believe birthdays should be celebrated for an entire month otherwise they wouldn't call it your "Birth Month".... I'm also the girl who believes you should always eat 2 cookies. One for each hand or one for each thigh. It's all about finding the perfect balance in life....
We topped off the evening by starting Dylan's first Dream Board or Vision Board... whatever you choose to call it--it's all about visualizing. I'll show you the process, and how we're designing her new DB (with her permission) as it takes shape. I'm also designing a new one for me, too. It was awesome to watch Dylan playing in the studio, hand-picking which colorful pieces of papers and "pretties" she wanted to adhere to her DB. Had she not had an early flight to Annapolis, I know she would have stayed all night designing her DB.
Below is my current Dream Board. Right now I don't have any material things posted on it. It's more about visualizing how I feel about me, the inner me. Healing, and the love, hope, peace, and joy I want for myself, and other people in my life. These are the things that are important for my personal healing. I'll add some "things", some "stuff", some "fluff" later I'd like to have that are more 3 dimensional; Like what kind of auto I'd like to have, which starlet's skinny butt I wanna have, or pictures of a lakeside home with attached cottage that will be my permanent studio, and which starlet's skinny butt I wanna have.... Ohhhh, wait.... I already wrote that... Maybe I should post it twice on my DB... one wish for each butt cheek to balance the two cookie philosophy I have.....
Top of my Dream Board
I look back on my DB I made almost a year ago. (June 2008) It took me a while to tackle (or allow, believe and RECEIVE) some of the things I put on here. I didn't realize how many things are being birthed right now or have already come to fruition until I really stopped to look at it today.
Creamy white filling.... the Middle of my Dream Board
- Better breathing (I quit smoking December 14, 2008)
- I'm writing my book, writing a blog, and finished writing my 101 list. Some call it a bucket list....
- I'm painting.... not just starting paintings BUT finishing them... Big wow here!!!
This is the part of my DB that makes me a wee bit weepy.
- "I have the strength to get things done...." a year ago I was paralyzed with fears, weak in every part of my body, in my mind. I'm still working on the mind part.... (OK who chuckled???) Driving is still my biggest challenge but I'm working on it.
- "I get another chance to live it up..." I added to the original...
- My Dreams are in full bloom...." I'm still working on this one physically. I have a hard time sleeping, and still need meds. I hate the "needing" meds part. Part of PTSD is not being able to sleep. But I am working on it... Sometimes I feel so guilty that I have to take a medication to sleep. I've tried herbals but for now they are just not strong enough.
- This also depicts wanting to live my dreams---not just dream about them. HUGE!!! HUGE!!!! HUGE step forward for me!!!
And finally..... the bottom of my Dream BoardSee the mailing package on the right? (above the four-leaf clover) That's the envelope a beautiful necklace I ordered from Healing Stones, in New Zealand, came in. I ordered it for Sonja, my fabulous massage therapist (who BTW is working hard to get my muscles back into shape, and break up the scar tissue I developed after the accident) I want to travel to Australia and New Zealand... Who wants a postcard from me from one of those countries????